These homemade bounty bars are so easy to make and taste just like the real bounty bars. This is the very first time I made these at home and the good thing about these bars is only a few ingredients are required and they are so easy to make. I promise you once you make these it will all be finished in no time. If you are a bounty chocolate lover do give this a try.
3 cups shredded/flaked coconut
2/3 cup condensed milk
3 tbsp icing sugar
A few drops of coconut essence
15 oz cooking milk chocolate (room temperature)
1) Take a large bowl and add in the shredded coconut along with icing sugar, condensed milk and 3-4 drops of coconut essence. Mix it nicely until everything comes together, it will remain a bit sticky. I have used fresh shredded coconut, just in case you also want to use fresh coconut, remember to squeeze out all the water from shredded coconut before adding in the condensed milk and sugar.
2) With the help of your hands take almost 2 tbsp of mixture and form in to rectangle bars about 2 inches in length, make sure to press firmly so the rectangles will keep their shape. You can wet you hands for easy handling. You can also shape the mixtures in to small round balls. Makes about 12-14 bars.
3) Arrange the coconut rectangles/balls on a tray and put them in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
After the coconut rectangles bars have chilled it’s time to melt the chocolate.
4) You can use dark or milk chocolate. Cut the cooking chocolate in to small pieces and put it in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave it on medium power for 1 minutes, take it out stir it, then repeat in 15 seconds intervals until the chocolate is melted and becomes smooth and glossy.
5) Take the coconut rectangles/balls out of freezer, with the help of two forks dip one rectangle in to chocolate and roll it to cover all sides, remove the rectangle from chocolate with the help of forks and let the excess chocolate drop off. Arrange the chocolate covered bars/balls on a lined baking sheet. Let it set for a few hours and enjoy.